Wednesday, February 01, 2017

I DO IT MY WAY

Helen got the chance to go to the supermarket again we stocked up on more cat food , potatoes , milk  , ice cream and canned chili .
I phoned in work and spoke with my line manager he already knew that I had my operation the drums of  Facebook  I mentioned I had a sick note for eight weeks , love it or hate it , it's how it is .

I sat out all of the day I am not sure if this was a good idea  , don't get me wrong I was walking about moving around and doing my exercise routine but i think I should have had a lay down in the afternoon . My leg which I had my hip replaced is swollen the knee ankle etc not bad maybe 25% larger than the good leg.

When sitting or walking or doing other things nobody can tell you  what or how to do stuff it is your pain threshold and your restricted movement and it is what suites you and what make life easier for you is how you are going to do it .
Its like saying sit up straight it will be better for your back ,  or bend your leg , or straighten your leg. Or worse things people doing way too much they want to do it all I can put a glass to my mouth when taking tablets  I am mobile and  I am able to do stuff  . I can use the kettle and go to the fridge they are virtually next to each other I make a drink using boiling water do one squat jump no hop on my bad leg guess not I no my limits ,  wrapping me in cotton wool is irritating  and overkill if I need help I still have vocal cords I can ask.

I guess I slept for a good five hours last night I woke up at half five it was half six before I got myself up washed and shaved and teeth done , using the shower is  a big no I am not allowed to step over the bath.

The cats have been good Bentley slightly pushing it the odd time but George is gentle and loving  he is a proper gent.

I am eating less for breakfast only 1 rasher of bacon in a small bread cake dinner small amount of roast chicken I Yorkshire pudding mash potato and gravy and for now it is enough .

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...