Sunday, February 05, 2017

FISH N CHIPS

Helen went to the supermarket my sister Anne called over to take Helen I wrote a list of all the stuff we needed trusting Helen to get everything on the list ranging from mouth wash to curry they was gone about two hours

When they arrived home they unpacked and we decided to go over to Dobcross which is over the side of the moors to our favourite garden centre it is about a forty minutes drive I did ok I was in no pain and quite relaxed I did get out the other end slightly sore and stiff no pun intended . I spent another half an hour or so walking round before getting back in the car for the drive home which was a lot harder getting back  in than before for the journey there and a lot harder than getting out but I managed it getting help to lift in the operated leg .
I probably walked a little bit more than what I should have but I doubt I have done any major damage.

Anne dropped us of home we are doing home made fish and chips making our own batter I should have put on the shopping list 2 x 3.4 litres or 6 pints yes the two of us go quite a bit of milk we had only  about half a cup full , oh well enough of the batter mix I have single cream in the fridge for my coffee and we can blag some of the neigh boughs for Helen's cuppa tea.

Below pan fried fish and oven cooked chips the fish was frozen but cooked to perfection these have got to be some of the nicest fish I have had cooked at home specially when I added slat vinegar and tomato sauce and of course bread and butter .
Both cats and the dog had fish we didn't eat I think I mange two pieces and Helen manage only  one and a half .



Least today  I got out  of the van and the drive over the moors is always nice an added bonus the sun was out , even though it was late afternoon and cool it was good enough for me I won't go quite stir crazy yet.




No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...