Friday, February 03, 2017

ONE WEEK DONE

My sister and husband brought over the chair for me that was won on eBay , it is perfect Helen loves it , I am happy it is sturdy and wide and a lot more comfy then what I have had in the past .

Sleeping is still not great I seem to max out at four hours the thing is I am tired  , but  I think four hours is enough to re-charge my batteries I don't have hectic days and  I think eventually I will get more sleep when I don't have to sleep on my back and I can lay on my side and I can get rid of wearing socks in bed which I hate. My twin sister sleeps on her back . I usually start on my back then usually go on to my right side with my right arm underneath or at the back of the pillows I have three .
To say that  it has been one week gone since my operation considering what I had done my mobility is very good I think I could walk without the sticks short distances but not permanently . I am sure when I was younger I spent ten days recovering from a appendix removal procedure 72 hours for a new hip is nothing .

I need to get to the supermarket doing a list for someone else sucks ,  I need pizzas and maybe pork chops and more tinned chilli and cheese also jacket potatoes I also need a new book for jotting scribbling in .

Going  back to work will happen it's weeks away , but I know it will creep up on me and the day will come least starting late in the afternoon won't make me after get up an earlier .

Some Hhs districts and this happened the day after I had surgery are stopping hip replacements unless you are in extreme pain and are waking up during the night , They have it so wrong pain is only a part of it , not being able to put socks on and having to pre tie shoes , the effort and trouble slipping underpants and trousers and jeans on also the reverse undressing . Stepping over things or stepping on to things walking posture and balance , the fact you walk compensating for a pained hip can lead to back ache even the simple act of getting sat down and standing up of course then there is sports and sex personal hygiene cutting toe nails is very difficult loads of things come into play pain is not a great issue and can be controlled to a certain degree .

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...