Wednesday, January 11, 2017

STILL WILD

It was after half past two in the morning before we turned off the tv and went to bed we had been watching "Alaska The Last Frontier " great viewing we have watched so much over the Christmas period we are on season six .

The wind was howling the van was rocking we have a plastic covered green house which acted like a giant diaphragm it was blowing in and out and is only secured at each corner not sure how it is still in it's position.Ever so often dead tree branches were snapping off the oak trees and hitting the roof of the van , the wind would pick up blow harder and the panels on the van would creak under the strain of the wind .We have various ornaments hanging down from windows and ledges throughout none seemed to be swinging or moving which is a good indication that we are still anchored down and have not moved .

We were woken  up at around  four I made a large coffee for myself and a tea for Helen I loaded the toaster with bread and had toast with plum jam.  Going back to bed was pointless but we did , I think I managed about an  hour before waking up again  , Helen was feeling sick and drained think she has picked up a bug .

it is now daylight  as I am sat here typing this with another coffee it is like being inside a wind tunnel I guess  , both the cats went out briefly for twenty minutes before coming back home .
The trees are still bending back and forth leaves and other debris is passing by the bay window and it is still noisy the wind is still blowing a gale . The weather forecast is predicting snow Alaska it  ain't but it is still pretty damn wild .I need to venture out to get vegetables and milk that is to the supermarket in my little Fiat 500 thats risky life on the range I guess .

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...