Saturday, January 28, 2017

HEAVEN & HELL

Had a good four hours undisturbed sleep for the first time I woke up pain free more than likely due to the medication and  I can move my foot better than I could yesterday Helen will be here just after ten she is giddy and so am , in nearly eight years it's the first time we have been party from each other we did face time each other yesterday .Even though I was only admitted mid Thursday afternoon it seems longer .
There is a tv in my room but I have hardly watched any programs I have it tuned to a radio station , nobody has come round with newspaper magazine trolley haven't spent any money sine being here .Facebook has been a blessing whilst I have been here still cannot find the hospital network I am not picking up a signal which is annoying .My room does have a view I can see trains pass  in the distance and fields so the view it's ok I can't see everything from where my bed is but sitting  in the chair gives a better view .
Would be ten times worse if there were no mobile phones they are sure a boredom killer days would be drastically longer and who knows they might even aid recovery .
First time waking with sticks totally different than using a Zimmer frame it was a lot harder and takes more effort but I did around two hundred yards before returning to my room .Lunch today is cottage pie and apple pie and ice cream .
Getting up this morning I stood to have a wash and shave first time going to the toilet standing up for
the first time since my op it was nice having clean boxers on and a clean t-shirt to be able to wash and feel fresh .
This afternoon I managed to do the stairs a flight of around 15 steps got to remember  bad leg first going down good leg going  easy way to remember is Heaven and Hell when using the handrail Only need one stick which is for my good side I also managed to get myself back in so half way there day three tomorrow I should be homeward bound after dinner hope it's a Sunday roast .

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...