Sunday, January 29, 2017

ON MY WAY

Woke up at half past three I reckon I have had around 12 hours sleep in three nights hospitals aren't the best places to get a good nights sleep , at least I am not waking in pain I think once I am home I will sleep better. It will be strange having the weight of the duvet on top of me instead  of a sheet and blanket .Before settling down for last nights sleep I was able to get myself out of bed and go to the toilet first time I have been able to manuover myself  off the bed , last thing I want is to have a fall .

The good things about this hospital and room .
1.En Suite with shower not that I can use it due to dressing on wound.
2. Control the lighting from bedside handset .
3. All staff are brilliant .
4. The main meal off the day is always tasty and filling .
5. Tv with freeview channels no charge.
7. Buzzer respond very good both day and night.
8. Window with view .
9. Pain relief excellent .
10 . Level of care excellent by all staff .

The worst things about this hospital and  room.
1. Only two plug sockets.
2. Coffee is not that great.
3. Noises at night .
4. Bedside cabinet .
5. No magazine / newspaper trolley .
6. No bedside Fan .
7. Prunes for breakfast not sure why I ordered them .

Things I have missed  of course Helen goes without saying this is my last day in hospital . My cats George and Bentley miss them both specially Bentley love him to bits can't wait to be reunited and Pip my Jack Russell , making my own coffee I am a expert , cooking for myself I love feeding myself  , shower not had a shower since Thursday morning , going outside feel the sun and wind obviously since my operation I have been confined to indoors I am sure if my stay was longer they would have me outdoors , my Mac book left it at home , water feature which I can hear running water on a night .

I am on my way home got my sticks drugs and everything else the staff I am indebted to forever , your treatment and care will be for me life changing big big thanks to all.

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...