Monday, January 30, 2017

ON THE MEND

The leaving Hospital was ok I was given a wheel chair to get me to the exit and getting in to the car was not as bad that I thought it would be and the thirty minute drive home was  fine .

The chair I raised at home being the main one I use  is ok , although  not totally fit for purpose but good enough for now . We have actually won a wing back chair on Ebay the winning bid of  £56 I should get it by Wednesday or Thursday of  this week which is more or less the correct height .

It was great getting home and unpacked Helen had the place looking immaculate  , she had even made me a chocolate fudge cake and bought some pouring cream .

Getting on to our bed was easier I had a nap waking up I was in pain Hospital beds a lot more firmer and better mattresses than my bed at home saying that I did sleep on top of the duvet which might have made it worse , the main thing is I am home and doing great.

After going to bed just after eleven p.m I woke up at around half past three in the morning after waiting half an hour  I got up and made myself a coffee I was experiencing little discomfort an hour later I was back in bed .George the ginger tom cat jumped up and slept on my chest he was fine .

In the morning I went to the toilet twice in hospital I was threatened with a suppository they would not let me leave without bowel movement I went but not a great amount but I moved my bowels the codeine I am taking can stop you going so going twice this morning made me happy another sign of getting back to normal .


your standard hospital room the bath room was on the left I had to exit the bed on the right the two sockets in the picture are the only two in the room .


One of the dinners I had cottage pie and roast potatoes and cheese cake excellent

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...