Sunday, January 01, 2017

NEW YEARS EVE NOT GOOD

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Year everyone got enough turkey and got at least one decent present  if not hopefully this year will be different  .

Took the tree decorations and lights off the tree from  our first real Christmas tree . Just  moving it a little near enough caused every pine needle to fall  from the tree  , and I had to empty the vacuum cleaner around eight times and unblock it three times , it is now round the back of the garden . It is in soil will it grow again I am not sure at least it got a good watering  , time will tell if not its fire wood I guess .

New Years Eve was a TOTAL disaster  Helen's mother is not the easiest woman to get along with. Helen and her mother can argue over anything , and  within a couple of hours of her parents being here , there was an atmosphere  ,  Helen said never again but I recall her saying that last year .

Her Mother hates cats we have two , and there is no way I am locking them away for two days are keeping them out for two days , Helen's mother had plated up a meat salad and left it on the table whilst she was buttering some bread or chopping springs onions or whatever ,  but you get the idea her back was turned the youngest cat Bentley most have smelt the meat and jumped up to the table and was tucking in like a little tiger to the freshly cut meat  , her mother turned round , she was not amused , it did not help me filming it O/J I wish.

That set the tone for the rest of the evening half nine Helen wanted to go to bed I think I had a extra large  Grant's and vanilla coke at least every thirty minutes after three hours I forgot they were here . Helen's parents are staying over another night unless they have had enough and go home anyway I hope next year oops this year its now 2017  both  Christmas and New Year are different.

Well on the 3rd of March I am penned in for the hip replacement surgery guess it is going to be April before I am back at work which seems forever away least it is going to be a short working year .


No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...