Wednesday, January 18, 2017

POST OP

Went for my pre op they weighed me not good oh well , they  took a sample of  blood if nothing else it was the right colour , I took nasal swabs to test for mrsa and a groin swab  . I also got measured for orthopaedic socks to prevent dvt .
I go for more blood tests next Monday which is only  four days before my operation .Thanks to my Sisters I have a new over night bag a very warm  dressing gown and black  toilet bag .

I have been told iPods are allowed in surgery and I have also been told if i have any open wounds or any visible cat scratches on me the will cancel the operation due to risk of infection.

Even though I am having a spinal black instead of a general anaesthetic  I have  been told recovery will be three months not six  or eight weeks which is going to mean I will end up on half pay for a month or so .The hip will be fine it is mechanical it is muscle build up around the hip that's needs the recovery time so the joint does not pop out of place .

I need to raise the height of my chair at home by four inches to make it the recommended height for getting in and out.

Because I have a shower over the bath I have been told that I am not to use it so  for three months I can only have a strip wash at the sink .

I have been told I can reach up for things but under no circumstances can I bend down for anything . I will be given a grabber tool the claw type tool  for picking things up along with crutches and a raiser for the  toilet to bring it up to 19" the minimum height from the floor to seat  .

I cant drive for six weeks so  going for physiotherapy will mean either a friend taking me or a taxi .

A district nurse will come to do my dressing and remove the wound staples when needed .

I will have  a private room with shower and tv the food is supposed to be excellent I will have my operation on the day I that am admitted which will be a week this Thursday after 14,30 pm my sister is driving me and Helen to the hospital at Elland about thirty minutes away . I should be discharged Sunday if everything is ok .


No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...