Friday, June 14, 2019

DOUBLE BIONIC

TUESDAY  -Drove myself to the Spires Hospital got parked up was dead n time 12.20 .
we got shown unto my room it was similar to before  standard electronic bed with all the usually adjustments another tick it had a window and white bedroom furniture .It also had a en suite shower toilet and hand wash basin . My consultant and surgeon came to see me I signed the necessary forms for consent permission etc next of kin details and he ran through the rest of the day.



Then the anesthetist came round to see me and explain his role and procedure , I was given a gown to put on tied at the side It was way after six at night when I walked down to the operating suite I was ok what was going to be was going to be no point in not accepting whatever lay ahead can say I said a pray and had my fingers crossed .I had a i intervenes line put into the back of my hand for sedation .

I sat on the edge of said operating table they raised it up to  the max then I was given a stool  to  put my feet on a and a pillow to hug they sprayed my back it went ice cold they  stuck some sort of sticky sheet to my back not sure why then I arched forward hugging the pillow and the needle after he  had kneaded  my back checking the alignment of my spine my bone he hit the spot and the drugs did their magic .
I woke up up in recovery the sedation must have done its job I remembered nothing of the operation last time I was listening to albums on my iPod ,just over two and a half hours I was back in my room my sisters were there , as  Anne was driving both my car and Helen back home .

The first night I managed some sleep not a lot I think I watched some You Tube videos and listened to some tracks on Spotify .

WEDNESDAY - Got out of bed sat in a chair felt just like before hard work to move had some lunch Mushroom soup and a lamb and mint burger with fries .I managed to pass urine and managed to walk using a Zimmer frame I had .Jacket potatoes cheese and baked beans for tea .The pain is manageable it feels different from last time I seem less good mobility wise  time round I am more unsure about walking balance and pain and getting in and out of bed for some reason it seems a lot harder  now I have two artificial replacement hips .

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...