Monday, January 02, 2023

CHRISTMAS ALL BOXED UP

 SUNDAY EVENING  - Cant believe it is  back to work I go tomorrow first shift  of the new year at its paid at double time its the only time we are paid a realistic hourly rate  another plus the roads should be quiet for the evening rush hour.

MONDAY - Helen is still not well I don't see how I can go to work and leave her home alone there will be no managers in to authorise my absence but I don't have a lot of choice I will take it unpaid or annual leave I don't care I have to be at home Helen can't cope I have a duty of care to look after her as well as the two dogs and two cats .

Spent the morning and part of the afternoon taking down the two Christmas trees , other  decorations and three sets of outdoor lights from the guttering,  railings and garden pagoda and all boxed up and put away until later in the year  . I bet this year will fly by and it will be Christmas before we know it .

I really want to read more books this year its find ones that hold my interest I have downloaded "The Jigsaw Man" and  "The Binding Room" both by  Nadine Matheson and "The Chalk Man " by C.J.Tudor  as well as The Couple at Number 9 by Claire Douglas a new Shari Lapena comes out later this year .

Films just the same I can't get into them to say they are predictable and boring for some  is an understatement .I have " Lamborghini The Man Behind the Legend" and "The Wolf On Wall Street " to watch hopefully they will keep me entertained .

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...