Tuesday, January 11, 2022

COFFEE AFTER COFFEE

 The Sage coffee duo temp came yesterday I can honestly say it's way better than I thought in fact its way better . I have ordered a tamper mat and a Sage knock out bin . Each cup of coffee I have made and I have made a few have got better by the cup . Not one has been thrown down the sink I am totally impressed . If you want  to drive fast buy a sports car if you want great coffee buy a Sage .  But I am not getting rid of my Dolce Gusto  coffee pod machine that I have had the last few years .

 If any faults with the Sage they are not major the drip tray gets full too quickly and the cup plate at the top of the machine does not get warm enough I put hot water into my cup before extraction but saying that it is well worth the money a friend I know has one he was a barista and has had his five years no issues  .The big question is do I fork out for a decent coffee grinder and some coffee scales I think no I might in a few months time for now  I like the lottery of every cup being somewhat different no matter how slight  its all done by eye which for me is working out just fine .


If I had the money spare I would go the whole hog and buy the Sage Barista pro espresso yes I would why not  its well over double what I paid for mine coming at £699 but anyone reading this if  money is not an issue go for it . If not buy the above it makes great coffee for a lot less cash .But then again if you use decent coffee aren't you going to get a decent drink anyway .

The Smeg toaster and kettle came yesterday they should have been delivered on Friday but due to the snow the delivery got cancelled the best thing about the kettle its well insulated and the water stays warm anyway Helen likes them . I was looking at the Smeg coffee machine but it was dearer and I believe nowhere near as good as what the Sage is which costs way less .

PCR test came back yesterday all was fine a pity it took so long to sort it out I can go back to work Monday I have been to work two shifts since I  broke up on the 22nd of December which seems forever .





No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...