Tuesday, June 27, 2017

NO WORK TODAY

SUNDAY
Went to Pizza Express for a mid afternoon feast in the Trinity centre  at Wakefield .We had £50 worth of food and it cost us nothing I had a voucher for thirty pound from my Daughter as a gift on fathers day and 40% voucher from Vouchercloud .The posh pizzas and polenta chips went down with a bottle of coke and a portion of tiramisu it was very nice I usually have kebab meat on my pizza it was a nice change .
Have some Jack Daniel's cider  in the fridge , it is for the time being only available in the U.K and is nice it might not replace my taste for pear cider but its a refreshing change .

MONDAY
First day off went to Marks and Sparks bought some breaded cod and frozen chips for tea , Helen had a reading .

TUESDAY
Raining again drove over to Meadow Hall at Sheffield I bought some cargo shorts from USC and a NY baseball cap in a similar washed out grey the cap was dearer than the shorts how do you work that out obviously there is more material in the shorts specially with my waistline but no ones head is as big as their waist .
Also bought some toiletries shower gel was on offer so I got two , hair gel , shaving gel and deodorant , I also bought  ten pairs of socks in black and another four  more t-shirts two in a dark navy blue and two in a olive green , and just to put the final damper  on summer I bought a pair of shades .

In the evening we went to a local Inn the Kaye Arms I had the braised lamb with mash potatoes and red cabbage  with excellent tasting gravy obviously with a pint of cider  and Helen had the beer battered fish with hand cooked chips it was excellent food which matched the  service we have eaten there before and will  be going  back .


No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...