Saturday, March 04, 2017

YES OR NO

Last night I drove to the  Kaye Arms a few miles away for a meal out the first time i n over five weeks. I reserved a table for half past five for Helen and myself it was my first time there and it was nice just how you expect a country pub to be open fires stone floor exposed beams etc etc .

I order a pint of cider and a chicken fajita with a side of hand cut chips it came with wraps and sour cream and it was served sizzling hot Helen ordered the fish and chips both dishes excellent I was extremely happy with my dish it was spicy enough without it being over kill for desert I had the chocolate fondant pudding with salted caramel sauce fudge ice cream and praline tuille.


Today Helen's parent came over to view one of the homes that is now up for sale priced at £79,950 it is a three bedroom park home with separate kitchen which needs replacing a separate hallway and a usable garage it is twice the size of ours it is fully double glazed and central heated my main concern would be the roof .
Helen's parent's today put their house on the market for £170k but are looking at a move to a park home in Skipton ideally Helen wants them to buy ours and we move into the three bed, but I  doubt its that easy .


Not sure about the lion heads guarding the entrance way and the red shutters would need to be re painted  black , a new roof would be in the region of £3.5k

The floor plan above is what we would be getting the ground rent is slightly more than what we are paying because it is a bigger plot .
The kitchen is totally separate I reckon £1.5k spent at Ikea would sort this out no problem .
 There is a big question , the 10% selling fee which the buyer pays to the land owner , so even if we got the same selling price there is the question of having to find another £8k to cover the fee , and for that reason I cant see it happening , Another reason Helen's parents don't want to live here . they love our van totally but they want to live in Skipton  a small town , with a lot more going for it , than there is here .




No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...