Wednesday, March 08, 2017

FINAL DESTINATION

Went to Skipton travelled via the M62 , we went to look at a Park home sire Helen's parents are moving to when they have sold their house . Driving to the town centre Helen heard a noise coming form the rear I pulled over on some double yellow lines , the car had been driving fine I got out to inspect the tyre and it was totally  flat , I cant bend down change the spare I run the risk of hip dislocation so I called the AA out .About forty minutes later the breakdown van arrived the rear tyre was totally bald it was down to the thread the other rear tyre was nearly as bad  ,but the front tyres are fine I am not sure why or what caused the rear tyres to end up in such a state , I have not  driving it for nearly six weeks I have been of sick since September when we got the car last year it had 24k on the clock and it is just over 30k now .

The AA mechanic said in his 23 years experience its got to be one of the worst tyres he has ever seen
I felt a total dick head ,  what could I say it was no good arguing the evidence was staring me in the face no excuses , we could have had a major accident we could have killed someone including ourselves I felt bad , he put the spare on and I drove it to the nearest tyre shop and got two new rear tyres at a cost of £107.  I filled the car up this morning with petrol at a cost of £32 if I had been stopped by the police it would have been £1000 fine for each illegal  tyre ,  the joys of motoring .
Needless to say I am happy that we have two new tyres and  I am even more happier I am alive to write about .
Three years ago to this very day The Nissan Juke I had was involved in a crash we were lucky to walk away from , it cost well over £5000 to repair the Juke  , today could have been so much a case of deja vu , scary very scary it is like being in our own episode of Final Destination .

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...