Friday, March 07, 2014

CAR UPDATE

Went to bed at four this morning didn't really sleep , phoned my line manager just to confirm what had happened and mainly so he knew that I wouldn't be attending work today .
I went out in Helen's Suzuki swift to visit "unit 1" where my car was taken after the accident  , mainly so i could to receive my belongings that i had  left in the car .

Last night after the collision  i retrieved Helen's iPad which had not been damage and the shopping i had bought on our journey home fresh quarter pound burgers and onions and a new packet of  twenty cigs and a bottle of Koppaberg pear .
i also took in the taxi with me my Ted Baker messenger bag with my iPod touch that i use for my job a moleskin and various power leads , ultra violet gel and uv torches , plus my id badge and swipe cards.
No sooner had i got my stuff out of the car this morning a Bench sweat shirt my tool box a bottle of unopened water two cartons of food for Pip  , the transporter wagon came to pick my car up and take it away i guess to access the damage and get quotes for repairs , it will be up to the insurance companies to argue who pays what. I was asked if i accepted responsibilities for the crash i said no way.

At Unit one I also manage to take photos of my car and the car that had hit us , after on the way home we stopped to photograph where came to rest after the collision , it is still hard to understand how we did not hit anything going across the road and down the road at the side of the building , i reversed the car up from the side of the building i had no idea if any other car was going to hit us at night it was pitch black.


My Nissan Juke passenger side damage showing air bags.




The car that hit us then hit the dry stone wall





The dry stone wall what has been demolished 




We came to rest between the white building and stone wall 



Helen is asleep in bed and no doubt will be suffering the next week or so no one was seriously injured but it could have been very different a foot either way and maybe i would not be writing this .

It has made me realise how much i love Helen and life with her compensates for more or less every thing else i trade everything i have to be with her , i need to show my love for her more than i sometimes do and to be more happy no matter what life throws at us as we are a team , we are united and we really are soul mates.

Pip our Jack Russell is very quite today she slept in her basket most of the day but is unhurt she too is important to us and we are both grateful we every looked after us last night also was looking after Pip too.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Both cars are seriously damaged. It's too unfortunate that you had to go through something so traumatizing. However, the event made you realize the love you have for your cherished ones, and that's always good. I hope your car is repairable, or that you've already purchased a new one. Take more care with driving the next time you get behind the wheel. All the best!

Diane Wilson @ Fletcher Chrysler

Bob said...

cars are cars no person was seriously damage , which is a nice outcome for all concerned , it was a wake up call , we take too much for granted and care about stuff that is not really important , life and health is the most precious gift we have and each one is so very special , i don't own a car at the moment the car i am insured and using at the moment is owned by my partner Helen.

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...