Sunday, March 02, 2014

ART FOR ART SAKE

Christ i just got my salary paid in to my account and already three quarters of my wage is gone the cost of living is ridiculous , and I had extra money for the overtime that I worked in January every penny helps.

I did buy a Buddha that I did not have to buy , but I couldn't resist has he looks so serene sat praying hopefully he will say a few for us and bring us luck and happiness to our lives.

                         

At the moment we are without any gas so we have no heating no hot water or any morning breakfast  fry ups , the other night we smelt gas as a result we called the emergency gas engineer and they felt it necessary to cap off the gas supply to our cottage . Went out and bought a smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide monitor screwed one to the ceiling and one we placed next to the fire.
The landlady we rent from is getting us a new gas fire fitted as ours is condemned.

Sunday
Went to Salts mill at Saltaire to see the David Hockney paintings there where around thirty paintings a lot of them were portraits and none that I would have bought it certainly was not his most renowned work , but at least I can cross it of my lust of places to visit.I really wanted to see his later work and his iPad paintings I did see a couple of documentaries about him via You Tube when I got home .

From there we went to Haworth which is Bronte country we got fish and chips and went to the house they had lived in and the church that there father was parson at .every time we go here it rains today was no exception.
 After we bought Banksy mugs and matching coasters from a local craft shop Helen got the girl with the red ball on and I got tourist information.

 


To cap it of we had a power cut and had no electric for over a hour lost Internet and iPhone was on charge at the time bloody typical.
Back at work tomorrow oh shit.




No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...