Tuesday, November 29, 2022

UPGRADE COMPLETED

TUESDAY - First time this autumn the car was frosted over and the fields I walk my dogs looking white Rosie as yet to see her first snow wonder if she will like it probably not she is too low to the ground and has only littlest of legs she is skinny to won't I am guessing she won't like the snow one bit .

Went to Sheffield to Hobby craft also went to Food Warehouse got some frozen pasties and other bits prices still going up .

I finally got my new 8gb of memory delivered today so I went and opened up my MacBook Pro so I could fit the new hard drive and the new 2 sticks of 4gb of memory the only issue I had I couldn't find a screw drive bit for the hard drive retaining screws so I used my Leatherman pliers to undo the four side securing screws new drive refitted the new memory fixed .Put back on the base plate and rebooted it loaded perfect and both items showing up  in "About This Mac" all new items  detected .  It is  like having a new laptop I am 100% totally impressed so much fast at loading programs and web pages amazing . I put the old drive into the caddy that  I bought that is also being detected all is running fine all is good. For the same size hard drive fitting and the iOS installing on Helens Mac book cost over £200. 

I am that impressed how this turned out I am thinking of buying a 17 inch Mac Book 2012 model and upgrading that with a 1tb ssd drive and 16 gb of memory .



No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...