Friday, December 04, 2020

IT'S SNOWED

 As you get older every Christmas looses some magic you stop doing things you use to look forward to doing.Advent calendars its been years since we had one hanging on the wall. Mince pies we seem to buy less each year as well as Christmas cake with marzipan puddings and stollen .Not even bought a Christmas truffle from Greggs or a festive bake it just any happening .

Used to always buy a calendar and a diary to start in the new year I but neither , don't even ask about any New Years resolutions .Christmas Boxing Day sales I have not been to any for numerous years .

One thing that's making it feel like Christmas is that it is snowing where we live I am at work and wont leave until 02.00 hopefully it is too not heavy. The garden is looking all white with a thin film of snow .

Its was my mothers birthday on the 4th of December and my father's was on the 13th of December it always made Christmas imminent Helens is three days after on the 28th and my ex wife passed away on the 27th of December so December is very eventful time .

I used to always have two weeks of at Christmas and new year , now I work on Christmas day which just kills it dead .I have not asked for anything from anyone if they decide to get me things  it is their choice there is nothing I really need or desire apart from good food cider and time off work it is all I need and some half decent things on Prime and Netflix tv.

some traditions remain we will get a over sized over priced turkey crown more than likely we will eat it on boxing day with pigs in blankets and cranberry sauce and of course everyone's favourite greens sprouts .

FRIDAY - Drive home into the snow Leeds was clear not a flake Hade Edge a different story it is white icy and slippy the Skoda Karoq a bag of shit in the snow can't risk crashing sliding into a wall or another parked up car, We drove to the post office a couple of miles away it was scary all over the road was going no more than 12 mph got some bread and cider and chocolate on getting home safe I phoned work to tell them I am snowed in which is true offered to face time my manager to show him the snow , he declined the offer .





No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...