Tuesday, April 21, 2020

MAD WORLD

SATURDAY - No work today two days off chilling and relaxing doing nothing . I went to two Fram shops that are two hundred yards apart one is more of a butcher from there I got 2 decent size pieces of  braising steak and a turkey joint , from the farm shop 2 x pasties 10 x pork sausage and I packet of smoked bacon , 6x free range eggs , handful of mushrooms  plus 12x  hash browns , and a bag of regular potatoes , 6x Yorkshire puddings  , carrots , leek and the smallest swede ever and frozen chips , sounds a lot but it is for two of us and will feed us for the next five seven days .

SUNDAY -Helen cut the grass while I watered and feed  the front and back gardens whilst Sunday dinner cooked we was having the turkey joint I bought it was under £4 and was awesome had it with Yorkshires and sweet potatoes and potatoes nicest meal and cheap .Helen also made a trifle for desert yesterday we finished the rest off .

MONDAY -Took Bailey out for his half hour walk posted an important letter that will be a life changer in more ways than one when it happens I will tell you what it is .

I went to work at quarter to two in the morning I received a phone call from a husband of one of my night workers currently on 12 weeks leave  he told me that she had died sad sad news. A  few Christmas's ago she had bought me a bottle of Captain Morgan spiced rum . it was not covid  -19 related she had an asthma attack and the paramedics couldn't save her and she died .

TUESDAY - Went to where we use to live we looked at our old plot the garden is dead the new owners have not moved in they have watered the garden boy not enough all of helens hard work dying sad but it is not our home .
the static home site had not changed any we dropped of some books  we had borrowed and Helen had a pair of crocs and shorts for another neighbour  further down the road .In return we got some tinned tangerines and fruit cocktail and two packets of curry sauce and a chow mien sauce not bad gratefully  received .Roll on Friday I have a full nine days off no work .

Stay healthy and covid -19 free  my friends I pray and hope everyone is coping and pulling through unscathed in these stressful times hope we are eating good and getting out for our allowed exercise period so look after one another other and we will beat this at the moment its a mad mad world.

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...