Thursday, July 04, 2019

PERFECT GIFT

I managed to wash the car today I did not wax it but got all the grime and dust of it it was amazing how many spiders webs there was scattered around the exterior of the car I did not rush I was carefull not trip over the hose or to bend .

I had to phone work and speak to my line manager I have a sickness meeting booked for the 17th of July at midday as I a have been of over four weeks I am classed as long term sick even though they have my sick note stating why I an unfit for work .

The  neighbour to my left side Steve told Helen to ask me to go round to see him I went round and  to my total surprise he gave me a Bonsai tree that he had in his garden that he had grown .He has quite a few trees growing in his garden and he even has a oak tree that he had grown from a conker which is over 35 years old he also as a Acer tree  . Most species of trees can be used they are kept small by keeping them in small pots trimming the roots they can be shaped using copper wires and branch benders of clamps .



I have also liked and been fascinated by this type of tree or plant and it is an art form you can even grown them directly on to a rock the techniques are endless there is a learning and teaching class near to where I live at a special garden centre that specializes in this type of gardening , will have to have visit and see what they are offering ..
I have to admit I was deeply touched by this generous gift the fact he has had it so long spent years looking after it and entrusting its future survival  to me is a great honour I could not thank him enough .

For tea we had Scottish smoked haddock new potatoes sweet corn and granary bread I also had hollandaise sauce , manage to leave some for the cats.


No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...