Thursday, October 26, 2006

Was cleaning out my son's gecko out last night with him we completely emptied out the bark ,moss and was going to put fresh stuff back I noticed that they was loads of live crickets jumping about the tank so instead of dumping everything into a black bin bag we decided to empty the lot on the back of the near bye garden allotments the back of the houses back onto a walkthrough to the other side of some woods and there is loads of newts frogs toads etc hopping about .So all the crickets went free and did.nt end up as gecko food.

we put fresh bark moss in and the rest of the stuff back into the tank and returned the gecko to its newly spring cleaned home.I told my son not to feed anything as the amount of crickets what it hadn't eaten it must have been well stuffed and we agreed to feed it the following night.

Half hour later my Daughter came into the room with the look of sheer terror on her face I asked her what was wrong and I was getting worried thinking something was drastically wrong.
She had decided to check on the gecko noticed it had no food I think she knew we had cleaned him out but she thought we must have forgoten to feed him in the process of opening the box of crickets she manage to empty a full cartoon of live crickets into the geckos tank
at least 60 plus was hoping jumping about we took a few out but they was just too many of god's little creatures.

so it was another trip to the back of the allotments to add to the already new formed cricket colony population.
I don't know the life cycle of a cricket or how fast the can breed etc and I don't really know if they will survive but I guess if there is a abundant amount of crickets next year we will have had a small part in the replenishment of the local wild life .

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...