Wednesday, October 18, 2006


Did some serious damage to a hire van today got distracted whilst driving through a narrow opening and badly damage the side door and window it was a right mess.

Plus they was loads of people standing around watching oops I was half way through the opening and I must of over steered too much right hand and hit the brick column on my left there was loads of people milling around the yard and i was looking that they was not in the way.

After getting my line manager to phone up the hire company and taking a few photos I got in the van and drove it back to the hire company to return it my choice .Got to admit I was thinking all I need to do now is the other side reversing it out of the compound to really add insult to injury .

I ask myself is this the end of my driving career is it the end of white van man not sure watch this space I have been driving over twenty years without a incident or accident all I can say is I would no way would I like to drive a 18 wheel rig and to those people that do then respect rather you than me driving the van mini bus is enough was added to my duties , my work load might have just got reduced.

Once its repaired and the bill comes in Will let you all know what the damage really is.At least no third parties was involved or any person seriously injured. On a brighter note got tomorrow Friday Monday and Tuesday of but am working the weekend and hopefully pick up the new computer tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Orange had serious problems with there internet connection due to third party system melt down what a nightmare not having the internet for a whole two days hated it , had to watch t.v wash up and walk the dog and all other boring stuff hopefully orange have it sorted and we will keep connected.

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...