Wednesday, December 12, 2018

EARNED HER WINGS

Helen had a reading last night and has one tomorrow afternoon she also sold some Laura Ashely bedding which is being picked up tomorrow she wants to buy some grey curtains for the van .

Defrosted some haddock for pan fried fish and chips with a bread cake and baked beans the fish was around £3.50 for four pieces she made some batter and I hand cut  four medium size potatoes for the chips turned out a really nice meal at low cost , I don't know why we don't buy more fish as it is really easy to cook. Still plan on doing a fish curry Indian style need to find an online recipe and get cooking.

Christmas is looming fast need to buy gifts I need to get my Daughters present and a couple of others it is also Helen's birthday on the 28th of December .
We also need to buy all of the food specially the turkey crown .I am working a six - two Christmas Eve I will be home at around two thirty Christmas morning then I am off for the whole of the week.

 A Polish friend at work keeps bringing in bottles of mead  for  me the medieval honey drink that dates back hundreds of years ago it is very nice  tasting drink and of course it is sweet I have a bottle in my car boot which I am saving for Christmas ,I  might also get a bottle of ruby port and a bottle of Bailey's Irish cream and a bottle of pink Gin for Helen , a fair swap.

My Daughter is still keeping vigil at her mothers hospital bed she as been a rock for her , how she is doing it is beyond me she is constantly at her side I don't really know how she does it she is in to her fifth day . I can only guess that  it must be very hard and exhausting physically and mentally and of course extremely upsetting ,but  she is determined to stay with her until she passes over goes without saying I am extremely proud of her , I know she as made a few friends with the nurse looking after her Mum to whom she is extremely grateful to the are doing a great service .



Of course I remember us taking our daughter home from the hospital after she was born it was cold and snowing even so it was a happy day , I remember having to go out in the snow for nappy's and baby milk I had to walk to the shops as the car and roads where snowed in .Twenty seven years later she is with her mum in hospital waiting for her to die , I think she as earned her wings ten times over .
She also went with her for her radiation and chemotherapy treatment she did not miss one appointment plus all the other things she has done , she finds it hard not to cry if she needs to she saves it when she is out of hospital room so her mum does not see her .

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...