Wednesday, December 22, 2021

HOLY DAYS

 SUNDAY - Helens son Liam rang me he wanted to know if his mother would like a. Gucci necklace or earrings I said necklace hopefully she gets what he said he is going to buy her  because she over heard hopefully he is true to his word or she will be upset all of her sons have never really spoilt her at Christmas or her birthday which always annoys me maybe this year its different.

MONDAY - Still waiting for Ikea to refund us £981 so we can buy the corner sofa hopefully this week it will be returned on to Helens card , will be well into the new year before we get a delivery slot .

Two days at work then five days off including Christmas even , Christmas Day and Boxing Day which I am quite happy about , a pity there is no Christmas bonus specially after working through covid the last two years .

Will have to pick the turkey crowns and joint of gammon up either 23rd or the 24th more than likely be on the 23rd if I go early enough I won't have to queue but no choice otherwise it will be a tin of Pek instead .

Shopping yesterday there was loads of food nothing seemed to be in short supply only thing we couldn't buy was our normal dog food as it was al sold out that was three stores that have sold out think its a delivery issue rather than people panic buying .

Be interesting to see if there is going to be another lockdown either before or just after Christmas guess its a case of not if but when ?.

The is a saying "if we aint got it now we can do with out " as there is only so much food and other essential items you can buy in any reasonable quantity unless you are mega rich and buy everything in packs of twenty fours . 

Dish washer tablets , washing machine pods , toothpaste and shampoo obviously  toilet rolls , shower gel cooking oil , salt and pepper and other seasoning herbs and spices otherwise food is bland but where do you draw the line for Helen its a must she has dry roasted peanuts polo mints and chewing gum for me its coffee pods and cider and brown sugar . I cant live without mouthwash and shaving gel I have an electric shaver but prefer a wet shave if I can .

TUESDAY - My Daughter moved into her new house in time for Christmas and I break up until next Monday which is good news for me .




No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...