Wednesday, May 01, 2019

BISHOPTHORPE FOR LUNCH

FIDAY - Went shopping again over to York at  Monksgate retail outlet called into H&M bought two polo shirts  in nice rich cotton one in white the other navy with white stripes also bought two shirts and a pair of jeans .I bought Helen some tops and other stuff we sign up to the membership scheme and got 10% off which worked at around a £28 saving .
Also went to Primemark I bought a few T-shirts and some sliders and Helen got some vests and pjs .

Got an unexpected missed call from my Son and a text message asking if I would ring him I did he never picked up I left it an hour and rang him again for a second time once again he never picked up. So  I rang my daughter to see if she knew of any issues or problems that he had she had not spoken to him . Eventually he rang me he is not in a happy place he is missing his mother who passed just after Christmas and like us all he has regrets of the things he did , and the things he didn't do and of course the things he wanted to say but  never got to say , life is a ticking clock that runs way too fast for us all , and we never know one year to the next what's left on the timer we are all going to be in a similar position at some stage of our life's all we can do is to treat others the way we wish to be treated and hopefully get the majority of things done and the majority of the things we want to say said.

Massive jacket potatoes  with butter with a can of Stag chilli and grated cheddar cheese has got to be one of my favourite meals it just hits the spot ever time , well cooked sausage mash potatoes and baked beans is another both easy simple meals but so just right .

SUNDAY - Went to the Mercia pub at Bishopthorpe across the road was the Woodman the pub that  they all went to after my ex wife funeral service , For our Sunday lunch with Helen's parents  also in attendance we both had the roast beef it was spot on  for deserts I had of course had the salted caramel cheese cake with ice cream Helen for her desert ordered the  bread and butter pudding with custard .


No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...