Saturday, March 24, 2018

ANOTHER JOB DONE

FRIDAY - Took Helen for her first physio appointment she has a frozen shoulder this was at twenty past night in the morning after we again went to Toby Inn for breakfast .

When I got home I fitted the cooker hood that was delivered Thursday  I had ordered from eBay.

 I had to cut a slot in the wall so I could  insert a piece of wood  which is longer than the cut out this was fixed in place with liquid nails and screws the piece I cut out to excess the cavity was than glued back in place invisible mending it is hidden by the cooker hood anyways it meant that  I now have a baton in the walls cavity that I can fix into. The unit is now solid and level it is wired into the mains supply  and all is working it has two lights and three levels of extraction it seems very good to say it is unbranded .

 I have also  ordered a 150 mm hole saw to cut through to the outside to run the foil extraction  pipe out through the wall of course  it needs to be done right first time I have only one chance at getting it right .

Hopefully the back splash we bought also needs fitting under the cooker hood I have been advised to use a clear sealant to bond it to the wall I think it will also drop behind the cooker I will fix a baton on to the wall for it to sit on  .


SATURDAY - Listening to Snow patrol and the radio via Amazon Echo I am quite impressed with the sound quality and how responsive Alexa is I am also subscribed to Amazon Prime which is good and better than I thought . .
Went to Asda bought diced chicken breast would have been better was not thinking a carton of  double cream  and a box of shiitake mushrooms white onions and a garlic bulb Helen is going to do a chicken and tarragon dish for tea .
Went to look for West highland terrier pups they only had bitche's no good we want a little boy dog.

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...