Monday, April 03, 2017

TIME FLIES

Well we are now a  quarter of the way in to 2017 and so far I have not had one day at work in all my years of working this is a record that I doubt I will ever break  . Next week will be my last week on annual leave I really do hope that its sunny and hot .

Keep meaning to drive down and find a parking space so I can get on to the canal at Horbury around the bridge area would be best then walk along the tow path at the side of the canal I have done many hours walking on the various canals usually close to where I have lived and I  find being near water very  tranquil and peaceful not sure why  and I like seeing the different set of  locks and of course the barges  and narrow boats themselves  and hopefully depending on which canal an abundance of wildlife and pond life  , specially the electric blue dragonflies . Living in the U.K  you are never that far away rom a canal , lake , reservoir or the sea .

Did make it out went for a drive around the country side was going to drive over to the Strines Inn but turned back , went to Marsden's branch of  Morrison's bought some baguettes ham and garlic cheese and a vanilla cheese cake it don't look much like a Sunday dinner but will warm the bread up in the oven and do some fries and have a nice hot baguette sandwich .

We called in to the Foxglove at Kirkburton it was built in 1864 and is quite quaint looking we like the beer garden it is a Vintage Inn and the menu is not that bad and reasonably priced we just had drinks Helen half a lager and lime I a pint of cider , a perfect end to a sunny Sunday afternoon.



No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...