Thursday, December 28, 2023

DAYS AFTER

 CHRISTMAS DAY - Took the dogs out after I had a shower once back I started preparing our festive lunch peeled and chopped the parsnips , carrots and potatoes peeled the cross cut the fresh sprouts .

I made the mixture for the Yorkshire puddings which were cooked first and put to one side .preheated the oven and banged in the turkey crown it needed cooking for two hours forty five minutes it was covered in goose fat and covered in foil .



The parsnips and carrots with honey drizzled on and garlic salt I  cooked  them in the air fryer along with the roast potatoes with parsley and garlic salt which cooked in the first drawer .I also made the stuffing which I cooked at the same time  with the pigs in blankets whilst the turkey crown was resting all in all everything was cooked good no disasters .five o clock in the afternoon I drove to work at the hospital .


Had no contact from my son no call,  text message or email , nothing so much for his promises .

BOXING DAY - Visited Helens parents at Acaster Malbis I received a very nice wallet a tin of short breads and alcohol thank you .Helen got a picture locket on a chain she will put photos of her mam and dad in she also got a bottle of Baileys Irish cream .We had to leave early in the afternoon so I could go to work .

WEDNESDAY - Got home just before 3a.m no work now until next Monday which will be New years day 2024.

Went to Sainsbury and Asda bought a few things pate , sausages , bacon , gastro chips , and crisps bought some mini note books for work and finally managed to buy the magazine Computer Active its been years since I have had any reason to buy it but now I have a windows laptop thought I see what I have been missing 

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...