Sunday, July 30, 2023

NO WORK BUT WORK

 MONDAY - First day off work yippee . Bought a couple of bundles of dado rail for the stairs ,  10 x 2,4m lengths I might need more depends on the wast its over £9 a length which is the same price I paid when I did the bedroom wall . I also bought a ridge back tenon saw for the longer angled cuts and liquid nails and flexible filler hopefully it only takes a day to get it all cut fixed and painted .

Took Bailey out for a evening walk Rosie didn't want to come she hid under the chair so I left her putt.

Cooked the Ikea meat balls made and gravy had it with peas its a quick tasty filling meal .

TUESDAY - Was up at six a.m took the dogs out Rosie was up first as always .I would have gone further put just for a change it started to rain .Not a great start to the two weeks off but so what


Started setting out the stairs for the panelling frame work it went ok I used liquid nails and panel pins to fix to the walls I had to cut the longer angles by hand not 95% perfect fits thank god for filler and a heavy layer of paint covers a multitude of sins .I also bought some edging pieces to go on top of the string against the wall this looks 100% better to how it was filled with caulk .



It needs more coats of paint but its looking good above the dado is getting eventually wallpapered and the banister will also get re-painted .

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...