Saturday, February 13, 2016

TUNES

The lady up the road from us about four or five vans away went out and  bought a wireless speaker she is quite an eccentric figure and her van is absolutely amazing a mixture of antiques and modern.

 she was having trouble connecting it via blue tooth to her iPad . She asked me if i could sort it out for her . I went round expecting a little wireless speaker but no this was a 150 watt £250 boom box .I connected it she did not have the blue tooth set on the speaker I hooked my iPhone via the aux line method to the speaker  to show her the sound quality and what a sound her van will be moving across the road if she hits the bass too much .

We got talking about music she likes Joan Baez got to admit i never heard of her she had a thing years ago with Bob Dylan . All her music collection consists off is playing stuff on You Tube now through her extremely top dog of a wireless speaker plus  a few cd's that she owns on that she listens to on her out dated stereo cd player that was second hand  when she got it and a few  old cassette tape one of Joan Baez and some other artist which she cant play not having a tape deck.

I went home and decided that I would downloaded  her two Joan Baez albums a greatest hits compilation and a 1960's one then i  burned them both to disc . Half hour later i  took them round to her , she was over the moon you would thought that i was giving her two gold bars , music is a great thing making someone extremely happy for next to nothing is even better.



To me it really was no big deal anyway two days later she is still thanking me she brought round a large steak pie that she bought from the farm shop we go to she got  for me and Helen as she does not eat meat she also gave us  two home made rock buns filled with jam and cream which we ate tonight after arriving home from work.
I told her that seeing her genuinely happy was enough reward ,  I have never seen any one so grateful for a handful of songs .

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...