MONDAY - Loaded the van had the fridge running in the house before transferring it to the van .
Had milk , cider , had two packs of smoked ham , salami , chorizo , 12 eggs , bacon , sausage , minced beef , chicken , and other stuff like cheese and tomatoes and mushrooms other tins and condiments and of course tea , coffee and brown sugar and cider only four cans.
We got to the site just after 13.30 we got the dreaded awning out this time with the help of two seasoned van dwellers I asked for help between us we got it up over the roof of the van easy when you know how all secured guideline and straps all pegged it is quite spacious I don't think it was 100% right put we find out later it was right enough that it didn't let any water in when it was rainy and windy later that night and into the morning the awning stood firm which was a good test .
first picture below of the full set up now we know how it goes next time we should manage it on our own fingers crossed .People are usually always helpful when you ask for help and guidance thanks guy's I saw them leave the following day and thanked them both again safe travels .
Once we was all sorted I took the dogs up to the cliffs to see the sea they are ethe most well behaved dogs going all the way driven to the site not one whing bark or moan .We did the same walk later on with Helen she was back at base camp making the bed and putting the finishing touches to the van set up .
When I got back I put on tea I just cooked some chips using the air fryer I had a ham sandwich with tiger bread with the chips it was enough the fridge was running as we was hooked up to the mains no more warm cider ,We slept length ways instead of across I had my feet on a pillow on top of the fridge which was the same height as the bed I slept not perfect but better than our first night a couple of weeks ago .Every time we go out in it we learn a little bit more it is good fun better than I thought it is relaxing and chilling .Hopefully it stays that way .



No comments:
Post a Comment