FRIDAY -Was suppose to drive the camper over to Helen's brother house in Crofton to get the reversing switch fitted the van wouldn't start the battery was as as flat as a pancake ,me and it is going nowhere .
So I ordered a Noco boost jump start unit a gbx45 to be precise watched people using them on You Tube they seem good. Hopefully this is what I need to get the engine to start .I have also ordered a new rear lens cover for the back lights drive side .
And just to be on the safe side I have also ordered a Gearlasso 12v/24v 10 mode heavy duty battery charger I am also considering getting a new alternator and starter motor cant be miles from anywhere and break down , it's a big inconvenience when your at home never mind miles from anywhere .The two items I bought over £200 but I reckon they are essentials and it is money well spent better to have them and not need them then to need them and not have them .
SATURDAY - Charged the Noco booster pack hooked it up to the battery post , the battery is under the drivers seat and the negative needs to go on a section of bare metal near the engine block and guess what yes it started the van , it worked first time it fired up the engine . Once the charger gets here will charger the battery .
Helen is now in Cheddar after leaving Glastonbury and in the rain they were lucky to get room in the Inn as it is a bank holiday Monday .
SUNDAY - Was up just after six a.m ha da shower took the dogs out hooked the van up to the mains connected the charger unit to the battery under the drivers seat as you can see from the photo above it was only 30% charged not sure how long it will take could be best part of the day the battery as far as I can see looks new I don't think it is the original battery .If I need a new battery will get the AA to fit one if I need a new alternator they can fit that too .I need to know the van will start wherever we are it is going to get us home this is essential don't want a four hour wait to get the mobile mechanics out specially when it is avoidable
After all day on charge the van started first time the battery is now reading 100% hopefully it does not drop .Helen arrived home safely both dogs were extremely happy to see her so was I she had a nice experience hopefully we will go to Glastonbury and Stonehenge together some time .She bought home a dream catcher for the van hope it works .



No comments:
Post a Comment