Saturday, August 03, 2024

THE SHED

 THURSDAY - Next four days off  annual leave for Thursday and Friday woke up to torrential rain not a great start. Finished watching "Control" a film about Ian Curtis of Joy Division portrayed by Sam Riley who got it spot on its a  very sad film  .Have another Sam Riley film to watch "On The Road"  another life story. 

FRIDAY - Drove over to Wetherby to the Days inn Hotel didn't realise the hotel was part of the service station amenities our room was very nice and clean  it had a walk in shower bathroom  with shower gel and soap the bed was quite comfy and had extra pillows the bed linen was all clean they was also coffee /tea making facilities and the tv had You Tube on there was also free wi-fi what more do you need .There was a Gregg's , KFC , Burger King . M$S and Costa .The room was hot so I had a cold shower which was refreshing .


My twin sister and her Husband Alan picked us up in her car just before quarter to seven and we went to the Engine shed a few miles away  it was my daughter's and now husband Josh's wedding evening for those who couldn't attend the wedding in Mauritius  which included all of my close family who was there to take apart in this great event apart from Guy my son , not because he didn't want to be I might add .

The venue was nice large enough had great lighting they had their own hired  DJ playing great music at a cost of £450 .The bar was reasonably priced Helen was on water me cider .We had a really nicely cooked chili con carne and rice with tortilla chips and sour cream and mixed cheese think it was cooked with dark chocolate .

I had a few dances and a few pints not used to drink anymore after four I had enough I could have managed a couple more but didn't.

We got back to our Hotel I was expecting Kfc to be open but it was shut until 09.00 am .No chicken for me .

SATURDAY - Was up for six at half past went down for breakfast had two sausages , two bacon , baked beans and scrambled eggs and two toast a orange juice and cappuccino it was ok there was also croissant's ,  cereal yogurts and preserves .We headed back home just after eight .

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...