Friday, June 11, 2021

ONE MORE BIRD TABLE REDESIGNED .

 TUESDAY - Did something we have not done for a while or since lock down  started .We went to Canon Hall Farm for breakfast we both had a full English including black pudding it was excellent ,Bought a rustic looking sunflower that spins in the breeze for the garden .We also bought a few more plants .

After went to a local timber merchant and bought some posts and rough sawn wood to make a bird table for Helens dad its fathers day in a couple of weeks and seeing as my own father has long passed I thought I would put the effort in and make him one , I will creosote it and add some hooks to hang bird feeders of it should he wish .It will only take a few hours to make so its a few hours out of my day well spent working in the sun with a ice cold cloudy cider and a bowl of strawberries and ice cream .The only issue is will it go in the fcuking car as I will be taking it over to his home in York .I think this is the fourth bird table I have done in the last couple of years another issue is I might have to do a different base it is slightly top heavy I used a round pole for the bottom I might have to change this to a flat chunkier square piece of wood and I might reduce the height of the pole .Another idea I could run a black chain from the table to the wooden fence post as it is going in the corner or could do both if I change the base I might reduce the height by a few inch .




No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...