Tuesday, March 02, 2021

PAINT JOB

Helens Mac book had to go back to the repair shop on her desktop when she booted up  there was a folder error showing , the diagnostics was  the hard disc internal lead needed replacing at a  cost off £36 hopefully no more issues for a while at least , total cost £256 still not bad I guess .

Repainted the living room walls we did the main wall which is the biggest at 8m x 2.3 m took the tv off the wall was able to put the usb lead into the back of the t.v  so we can watch movies on a usb drive and moved the other stuff out of the way painting it took three to four hours giving it two coats of Farrow &Ball Paint at £85 a tin its not the cheapest paint out there I also did the stair wall . All and all it looking good hopefully when it fully dries completely it will be flawless.



The day after we also did the door and architrave on the door on the wall that is under the stairs that goes to the bedrooms .

Thinking of taking yet another lump out of my pension I still have my hospital pension which i pay into every month  this will remain untouched and still will have around 30k left in it even if I take more cash out. In these uncertain times why not as getting old might not happen so why worry I will never starve .

Need to get some cider since my son moved in I have not been drinking I do miss the odd can with my dinner before going to work , I don't want to encourage his drinking but why should I not have a can just because he cant control his alcohol consumption .

We have had my son living with since the 4th of Feb and its not been easy with covid lock down and other issues has made life difficult my son and his situation was forced upon us it was something we did not want in another two weeks he will move out and be able to live what ever life he chooses or can afford .if he spends money on drink and other substances he wont get very far if he concentrates on paying his rent and buying food and other essentials that he needs to get bye he will life a better life but at the end of the day  the choice his is but he cant rely on money from me to bail him out if he fails .




No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...