Friday, February 01, 2019

THE REAL THING

THURSDAY - The car this morning  was well iced up but nothing like they are getting in the U.S.A and it was  also foggy we was driving to Ikea in Leeds  , we was going to meet up with my daughter and her friend Jade whom she is opening the hair salon with in a couple of months time .

We bought some glass coffee cups and some glass beakers , as well as a rug and a door mat with three hearts on it  we also bought new dog blankets in grey and 100 night lights , and a really good fake orchid in white for only £10 .00  they was selling real ones for half that price.
I bought a bag of Ikea meat balls the same as they sell in the restaurant  , some mash potatoes gravy mix and a jar of loganberry all set for tea , I also bought two cans of Ikea pear cider which was the very first pear cider I ever tasted .And of course we all had hot dogs and milk shakes after leaving the check outs ,

When we got home the Amazon echo dot  Helen bought online was on the decking Helen had bought it for my daughters birthday it was suppose to be delivered earlier in the week but better late then not being delivered at all , After a quick call to my daughter to confirm she would be in we drove over to her house and got it set up she cooked us both tea  ,bless her  I think she was genuinely happy with her new friend Alexa .She also let me use her family membership for Spotify which is nice .

FEBRUARY  FRIDAY - A dusting of snow yet again but to be honest it is not that bad went to the supermarket bought some essentials lamb steaks and rump and sirloin steaks as well as  chicken Kiev's and chicken  breast in breadcrumbs , I also bought asparagus sprouts and broccoli as well as frozen mash and some crinkle cut chips  , a block of cheese chicken tikka spread and three cheese spread , a packet of both red and green chillies I also bought a med jar of coffee and a large packet of t-bags and a six pint bottle of semi skimmed  milk  and a  med size bottle of Coca Cola the real thing  to go with the whiskey and brandy that I still have left over from Christmas .


from the farm shop I bought 2 doz eggs half a dozen fish cakes 2 trays of minced  beef and a tray containing  two large chicken breasts and two pain au chocolate that I need to bake in the oven for about  15 minutes.
Well my week off from work is nearly over it has gone not too bad not really fast and not too slow  which I was off till summer driving in winter too risky .


No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...