Saturday, July 20, 2024

LONGEST WAIT

 TUESDAY - Raining although I did manage to get to walk the dogs in between the rain fall .

I buy eggs from a local neigh bough he keeps hens they had one box of six eggs left I dropped £1.50 into the honest box picked up the egg box only to find out it there was no weight to , it was empty someone had returned a box so it could be reused .I rang his door bell he was ok he had eggs inside I got six eggs breakfast is go. Helen has got pain in her lower back I ordered some heat patches and pain relief gel they will come tomorrow .

WEDNESDAY - Had to call the doctors they came out Helen has sever pain in her lower back right hand side .She cant move and it seems to be getting worse hence a visit from the surgery .She was prescribed some Codeine 15mg and ibuprofen gel to rub in to the region of her pain .this was just after midday by seven o clock that evening we had called and ambulance to take her to the newly opened Huddersfield A&E department  .

As always you get assessed in the first thirty minutes then you wait they gave her pain killers she was on a wheel chair we spent the next ten hours waiting to see a doctor  why are the seat all metal they are solid after a few hours your arse is numb .

I asked for more pain killers not for my bum for Helen which where given  hours later we did get to see the doctor he assessed her said he would give her liquid morphine , paracetamol and two suppository's  great this did not happen for another hour only difference know is Helen is laid down rather than sat in a wheel chair finally we got the drugs  .Then we had a hour to wait for the drugs to kick in then we walked up and down the hospital corridor we did this six , seven times the doctor said he was happy for us to go home not as happy as us ,  He said he would  prescribe the tablets  before he would discharge us .Another hours wait and  finally we got the codeine tablets these where 30 mg .

The new department is really nice , clean and new apart from the chairs in the waiting area its a winner but no matter how clean new and high tech it is with out doctors its a waste of money its a massive waiting game moved from one are to another area just to wait the treatment was fine thank you we are grateful , but the time spent waiting well stick it where you put your suppository's.  


THURSDAY - We drove home stopping on the way to get two sugary jam doughnuts we got home just after nine .

Helen went to bed after a cup of tea obviously the morphine and other drugs will wear off we will see what today brings .a few items we need laxatives codeine bungs you up  I through the Senokot on to the front seat .Then remembered I need dog biscuits so i shut the car door and I went back in to the store I remembered I had thrown my wallet on to the car seat I went back to get my wallet the car keys were also on the seat all of the car doors were locked my car for some reason locks all the doors with in seconds its a pain you don't need to press the fob it just does it  you can be sat in the drive seat and the doors lock the electric ignition wont start you have to unlock the doors with the fob to start the car .

I had to get Adam our next door neighbough  to drive down with my spare key luckily he was in and I got back  in to my car , it was the last thing I wanted to happen but it ended well Adam arrived within five minutes after hardly any sleep I was happy .


No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...