Monday, September 11, 2023

ANOTHER CASTLE

 SATURDAY - In the blistering morning sun I washed the car at least it dried fast it was way too warm the hottest day so far and its September unbelievable Indian summers are the best .

Saying that I took Helen to Meanwood to do some reading she was going to be around three to four hours I was waiting in the car it was a sweat box total torture it was beyond hot no wonder dogs die in hot cars I went to a local shop it wa sone I use to go to years ago they did the best ham sandwiches in poppy seeded bread cakes with mustard of course that was over fifty years ago its changed hands I bought a Magnum ice cream and a ice cold cherry coke .Driving home it was air con all the way .

SUNDAY - The Samsung fridge freezer arrived and the Hotpoint condenser dryer they placed them in the rooms had to wait a few hours for the fridge before turning it on .I had to change the the hinges on the doors to the left which was a slight pain but went ok .

All I can say is I have cold cider again ice cold cider , the milk ice cold after the last couple of weeks its nice to have a fully functioning fridge .


Went to Asda to stock up on things for the fridge we threw everything out with the old fridge not running cold we still need a few other items mainly sauces and condiments bought cider , milk and coke .

Sunday night dropped Helen of at Bolsover Chesterfield she had more readings to do at least it was cooler and the sun was setting as we got there .


As always the weekend flew by even though I spent seven hours of it sat in a car at Bolsover I did go for a short walk and snapped a picture of the castle which was a 17th century aristocratic retreat built starting in 1612 .

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...