Thursday, September 10, 2020

STEW AND DUMPLINGS

 Helen has been really bed bound and poorly , and I have been doing my Florence nightingale impersonation to the best of my ability . I  was off all last week on annual leave Monday this week Helen phoned our doctors with her symptoms and they told her to get a covid test done .I was able to sort this out through work I do work at a NHS Hospital they could get the test booked until the following day Tuesday .

We had to be there for five past midday I was not having the test as I had no symptoms and was well it was a drive through test and only took a few minutes we got the results Wednesday morning texted to my phone it was negative , I let work know and went back that Wednesday night .

Helen is improving even day but is still suffering with a sore throat and a nasty taste in her mouth , I cooked us a big pot of braising steak stew I put it in the oven on a low light we had it with pancakes and dumplings , just what the doctor ordered which of course was me .I went out after I had took Bailey out for his walk the farm shop is a two minute drive away and I slow cooked it until Hal three in the afternoon  we had nothing to eat all day .The dumplings was the best yet the pancakes we used a plain stone baked flour which changed there appearance but tasted fine .





No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...