Thursday, July 12, 2007

finally got a call from CCL telling me that they was running final tests on the Shuttle and if everything was OK i could pick it up the following day this was on Wednesday last week.

As it happened i had booked the Thursday and Friday off as flexi.


Got to CCL just after nine o clock they was already three people queing finally i got to the front of the queue and the shuttle was return to me first thing missing was my windows license certificate for windows o/s they issued me a new one they told me it was not the power supply unit but a graphic card problem , they had not reinstalled Windows either no prob at least i had my machine back.


I put it in the boot of the car then went back to the trade counter and bought a coolermaster h/d enclosure a Seagate Barracuda hard drive and a external hp dvd/lightscribe burner all for £95 then set off back to Leeds.


Got home set the machine back up reinstalled Windows reinstalled and all software for my camera canon printer, modem scanner, i-tunes and Winamp Nero my Antivirus programme, crap cleaner Spybot , Ad-aware etc etc downloaded all update which which 83 in total reloaded my music collection and covers loads photographs and many other documents.


That's not including the new Lightscribe drive and the external hard drive which is to make up and install.


when i finally called it a day after numerous cups of coffee and headache tabs i went to power down and when it finished shutting down after installing all of the updates the fans inside the machine kept on running and running not a very good sign the only way was to unplug the machine or use the power on/off switch on the very back of the machine guess what its going back to CCL in the morning so much for bench testing it

No comments:

GEARED UP

 SUNDAY _- Went to Nelson Court in York Helens mother had a bad fall she dislocated her shoulder fractured her arm in three places , broke h...